Consultation on admission arrangements to St Michael’s Catholic College Bermondsey for the year 2025-2026
The Governing Body at St Michael’s Catholic College is currently determining proposed admission arrangements for admissions to the School in September 2025. This includes for Year 7 and for Year 12.
As determined by the School Admissions Code, we are required to consult on these arrangements and are inviting comments on the proposed changes.
Copies of the proposed Admission Policies and a letter giving fuller details are available on our Website at:
Admissions Arrangements for Year 7 entry September 2025
The Governing Body is proposing amendments to the Admissions arrangements. From September 2025 they propose to:
- Remove the requirement for a Priest Form.
- Require parents to supply a certificate of catholic practice following guidance from the Diocese Education Commission.
- Remove 5 of the current Feeder Schools (one of which has recently closed) and add 1 new Feeder School to the list.
- Simplify the criteria for Baptised Catholic Children following the Diocesan Guidance for schools to accept a Certificate of Catholic Practice.
Admissions Arrangements for Year 12 entry September 2025
The Governing body is proposing amendments to the Admissions arrangements. From September 2025 they propose to:
- Move the section on application procedures to the Notes/Procedures section.
- Add a note to the notes/procedures section – Students in Year 12 who enrol for September 2025 but do attend college in the first four weeks of term will be off rolled.
If you wish to comment on any of the proposed arrangements then please use the link below to fill in a google form giving your response:
Alternatively you can send your comments in to the school at the address below:
St Michael’s Catholic College
The Consultation runs from now and comments should be received no later than 5.00pm on 31st January 2024.