Parent Evenings are essential for our communication with parents/carers at St Michael’s. Parent Evenings run once a year for each year group between the hours of 16:00 and 18:30. The evening will allow you to discuss your child’s progress with their subject teachers.
The meetings will take place either in person or through video calls using the SchoolCloud system.
2023-24 dates for Parent Evenings
- Year 7 – Thursday 14th March 2024 on SchoolCloud
- Year 8 – Thursday 23rd November on SchoolCloud
- Year 9 – Wednesday 24th April 2024 on SchoolCloud (Please note Y9 Option Evening is on Tuesday 23rd April 2024 at St Michael’s)
- Year 10 – Thursday 13th June 2024 at St Michael’s
- Year 11 – Thursday 11th January 2024 at St Michael’s
- Year 12 – Thursday 9th May 2024 on SchoolCloud
- Year 13 – Thursday 22nd February 2024 at St Michael’s
Online appointments can take place over any smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc. with no need to download any app or software.
- To make your appointments simply click this link https://smcc.schoolcloud.co.uk/.
- You will be asked for a code to access the appointment page, which is available through EduLink.
- Your schedule of appointments will be sent to your email address.
- We will advise you of when to book appointments.
- On the evening, sign back in using the same appointments link.
- Please sign in five minutes before your first appointment to test your device and check for any technical issues.
- During the video call, there is a visible ‘countdown’ on the screen as appointments will end after exactly five minutes.
As you can appreciate, where some teachers teach significant numbers of students, there might be limited free appointment slots as they get booked up by parents/carers. If there are no appointment slots left and it is urgent to speak to that member of staff, please contact the school to make an alternative time to discuss your son/daughter’s progress.
Following assessments, we are also identifying students who are not yet making the desired levels of progress and consequently would benefit from additional support. The parents/carers of those students will be contacted to arrange a face-to-face meeting in the College, which must be attended to support their progress and provide specific and agreed interventions for your child after the online parents’ evening event.
If you have any queries, please contact us at the school via firstname.lastname@example.org