The distinctive mission of St Michael’s Catholic College is to find a balance between rigour and care and to create an environment of supportive accountability. As it expands the college is committed to:
- Students achieving their potential and beyond as a result of a curriculum that meets the needs of all learners. Outstanding provision and outcomes in the sixth form.
- Sustaining and enhancing the authentic Catholic ethos of the college so that students feel valued and loved giving them a self-belief and ability to aspire to academic excellence.
- Outstanding teaching and learning as a result of effective CPD that ensures staff are fully supported in their professional development, hence the College is able to grow its own leaders.
- The College leading innovation through its creative response to government and self-generated initiatives and playing a lead role in the development of the CTA/Diocese new model of teacher training. As a result, excellent practice is regularly shared with other schools.
- All stakeholders, governors, parents, students and staff working together as full partners to realise the goals of the College.
As a Catholic college our mission is: Living and learning together as a Catholic community in Christ. Religion, reason and kindness are at the heart of our ethos through education. The philosophy of the college is therefore shaped by our faith as we:
- Learn together in a Catholic community.
- Aspire to academic excellence.
- Believe there are no limits to a child’s potential.
- Provide opportunities and challenges to encourage confidence, self-esteem and nurture individual talent.
- Promote a love of learning, a love of Christ and finally a love of each other.